Do you ever feel like your home décor is a reflection of your inner state? Does it look dull, faded and grey, or bright, inviting and colourful? According to recent studies on the science of colour and mood, there are certain shades and hues that have been proven to have an effect on our overall state of being. In this article, we'll explore how using colourful home décor can help energise your living space - from cushions to blankets to rugs! Learn how you can make a difference in your environment with just a few small tweaks.
When it comes to enhancing your mood with home décor, colour psychology is a powerful tool. By understanding how different colours can affect your emotions and state of mind, you can use them to create the desired atmosphere in your home.
For example, blue is known for its calming effect and can help to promote relaxation. If you're looking to create a serene and peaceful space in your home, then consider incorporating shades of blue into your décor. On the other hand, yellow is associated with happiness and energy, making it ideal for brightening up a room and lifting your mood.
Colour psychology is just one factor to consider when choosing home décor, but it's an important one. By using colour to create the right ambiance in your home, you can help ensure that it's a place where you feel relaxed, happy and energised
There are many benefits to using colourful home décor to enhance your mood. Colour can be used to create an atmosphere of relaxation or excitement, depending on your desired effect.
If you’re looking to enhance your mood with home décor, consider adding some pops of colour in strategic places. A brightly coloured throw blanket or set of accent pillows can add a touch of cheerfulness to a living room or bedroom. Adding a vase filled with vibrant flowers is another easy way to brighten up a space.
1) Love Cushion 2) Pink scallop cushion 3) Bright Pink Scallop Blanket 4) Pink Blue Leopard Print Blanket 5) Refresher cushion 6) Purple check blanket
Colourful home décor can also be used to create a specific mood or atmosphere in a room. For example, if you want to create a cosy and inviting feeling in your living room, you might use richly coloured fabrics and warm tones like deep reds and oranges. If you’re looking for something more energising, try using brighter colours like yellows and greens.
As much as we might love the latest on-trend colour, sometimes it can be a gamble whether it will work in our homes. How can you be sure to make the right choices when incorporating colours into your home décor?
Here are some tips:
1) Use a colour wheel: This is a great tool to help you choose complementary colours. Simply find the main colour you want to use and then look for its opposite on the wheel. These will be the colours that will work best with your chosen shade.
2) Consider the mood you want to create: Do you want a space that is calm and relaxing? Or are you looking for something more energising? Bright, bold colours will help to create an exciting atmosphere, while softer tones will be more calming.
3) Think about the light in your room: The amount of natural light in a room can really effect how colours appear. A sunny room will make bold shades seem brighter, while a darker space might need some lighter accents to brighten it up.
4) Use contrast: One way to really make a statement is to use contrasting colours. This can be done by painting one wall a different shade to the rest or by using brightly coloured furniture against neutral walls.
5) Be brave: Sometimes the best way to incorporate colour into your home is simply to be bold and go for it! If you love a certain shade then don't be afraid to use it throughout your home.
If you're looking for a quick and easy way to inject some colour into your home, then look no further than your cushions, blankets and rugs. These simple accessories can make all the difference when it comes to creating a certain mood or atmosphere in a room. Here are some tips on how to use them to your advantage:
- If you want to create a relaxed vibe, go for softer, more calming colours like pale blues or greens.
- To add a touch of luxury, choose rich jewel tones like deep purples or sapphires.
- For an energising boost, opt for brighter shades like sunshine yellow or fuchsia pink.
- And if you want to create a cosy feel, go for warmer tones like earthy browns or fiery reds.
Look how Mel from @awholenewbuild styled our Blue Art Deco Rug - the perfect example of colour running with a theme and looking amazing.
1) Blue art deco rug 2) Green scallop blanket 3) Tiger head cushion
So there you have it - with just a few strategically placed cushions, blankets and rugs, you can easily transform the atmosphere of any room in your home!
We hope that our article has facilitated an understanding of how lightly coloured home décor can help you transition from a relaxed to energised state and invigorate your mood. From wall art to furnishing textiles, there are many ways for you to incorporate this style into your space. With that in mind, don’t be afraid to get creative and explore different colour combinations until you find the perfect look for your room!
For more ideas to help you get more colourful in your home follow our blog, ensure you sign up to our newsletter and follow us on Instagram @yililouk.
Bri x Yililo
Leave a comment